Roasted BEEt The Traffic Arugula Salad
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make a parchment paper and tin foil pouch.
Marinade and dressing
- 1/4 C Balsamic Vinegar whisked together with 1 Tbl. honey
- Whisk in ½ C olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of beets peeled and diced
- ½ cup spring green onions (sliced) or red onions to taste
- 1 bag of baby arugula washed
Coat beets with ½- ¾ of the marinade. Reserve leftover dressing for the salad greens.
Cook beets until fork-tender (about 30-45 minutes depending on size). Then open the pouch and cook open to caramelize beets for another 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
Lightly toss arugula with remainder of dressing, top with beets and red or spring green onions. Add crumbled feta, avocado, roasted nuts (walnuts or pecans or pine nuts), dried cranberries — or whatever you’d like!