Press Kit – Our Programs
• We utilize three integrated programs (Classroom Nutrition, School Garden and Harvest of the Month) to create a collaborative school, home and community education model.
• All program elements and services share unified themes so knowledge and skill building are consistently and repeatedly reinforced across all populations served.
• Homes: Parent workshops and family activities encourage adulsts to model positive nutrition practices and support children in making healthy choices.
• Communities: We collaborate with local businesses, civic leaders, and other non-profit organizations to educate and inspire healthy lifestyles.
• Students receive up to twelve hours of instruction per year when participating in all three of our school programs. We train and manage over 200 volunteers a year to deliver our school and community programs.
Who We Are
We are educators, parents and community membesr committed to helping our children and communities reconnect to healthy food and make lifestyle changes that will impact their lifelong health. Our dedicated staff trains over 150 volunteers a year to deliver our programs.
• Low Cost: Our programs are extremely cost effective and sustainable for any school.
• No teacherInvolvement: We train parent and community volunteers, as well as paid docents, to deliver our standars-based nutrition and garden curriculum.
• Adaptability For Any Enviornment: Our garden and nutrition lesson can be adapted to any environment regardless of space or resources.
• Schools: We deliver interactive classroom nutrition lessons, school garden plantings. All lessons are directly linked to California state content standards.
• Homes: Parent workships and family activites encourage adults to model positive nutrition practices and support childrend in making healthy chouces.
• Communities: We collaborate with local businesses, civic leaders and other non-profit organizations to educate and inspire healthy lifestyles.