Nutrition – V1 Lesson 2: In The Classroom
Nutrition Training – In The Classroom
Lesson #1 Feed Your Engine is the foundation lesson for all GrowingGreat lessons taught every year.
- Use 3 gas cans as props and an in-class star activity worksheet as teaching tools
- At the beginning of lesson, review expectations of student behavior
- Keep your energy positive and the students engaged
- Adjust delivery style and language to suit the age group you are teaching
- Practice, practice, practice!
Students are taught that proteins, fats and carbohydrates are the foods that fuel their bodies.
- Foods contain important vitamins and minerals needed for our bodies to function at their best
- Our bodies run best through a combination of proteins, fats and carbohydrates (P, F, C)
- Be sensitive to students’ food preferences during the lesson- students may be vegan, vegetarian or have different food allergies or sensitivities
- Don’t be afraid to say, “I don’t know!” Encourage students to research answers themselves