Nutrition – Tools & Techniques
Growing Great Docent Training – Tools & Techniques
Classroom Management Tips:
- Ask the classroom teacher how they prefer to get the students’ attention
- Identify students with special needs
- If a student is disruptive, ask the teacher to step in
- Ask students to raise their hand if they have questions- don’t shout out
- Before you begin, outline your goals for the lesson
- Try to use students names whenever possible, even if it’s just a few!
Additional Teaching Tips:
- Be warm and enthusiastic
- Use positive reinforcement
- Get the whole class involved
- Turn statements into questions, engage all students in the discussion
- If you have fun, the students will too!
- Visit the Docent Message Board to learn and share with fellow Docents!