Made With Love – Linzer Cookies
Show your love this Valentine’s Day (and beyond) with homemade Linzer Cookies. They are a snap to make and look downright adorable – sure to please all the loved one’s in your life!
1 C butter softened
2/3 C sugar
½ tsp Vanilla
1 1/3 C pecans, finely ground (UPDATED FROM ORIGINAL POSTING)
2 C flour (Pamela’s, GF123 or Bette’s featherweight GF flour all work great!)
Seedless Raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually add pecans and flour. Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Carefully roll out dough (it will be hard at first, but will soften up with rolling), on a well-floured surface (preferably on a silicon sheet).
- Using a well-floured rolling pin, roll ¼-1/2” thickness.
- Using a heart shape cookie cutter cut a top and a bottom for each cookie.
- For the top cookie use a smaller heart and cut out the center.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before you remove them to cooling rack.
- Let cool completely.
- May be stored at this point for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
- Transfer all bottoms to a pan for spreading jam onto them.
- Leave tops on cooling rack, but place a sheet under it to catch the mess from the powdered sugar. Sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar using a sifter.
- Spread jam onto the bottoms
- Place the powdered sugar top onto the jam bottom, and VOILA!