Planting Seeds Today
GrowingGreat is a nonprofit school garden and nutrition education organization dedicated to inspiring children and adults to adopt healthy eating habits. Our goal is to help children and families understand where our food comes from, appreciate that food serves a purpose in our overall health and has an impact on our longevity and well-being.
- Eat a wide variety of colorful, whole foods that are close to their original source.
- Choose higher quality, beneficial foods more often.
- Select local, seasonal, organic, and/or sustainably farmed foods when possible.
- Appreciate the impact of food on our overall well-being so that we can think, feel, and perform at our best all day long!
In the next 5 years, we envision GrowingGreat to be a more efficient and sustainable organization capable of meeting the increasing demand for our programs by:
- Implementing a web-based K-5 school garden and nutrition education program
- Strategically targeting new schools
- Expanding our collaborations with non-profit and corporate partners.
Goals by 2014:
- Triple Impact with programs in over 100 schools
- Balance of subsidized and pay to play schools
- Scale programs nationally with an immediate focus on expansion throughout California.
GrowingGreat currently generates funds from a diversified funding base including contributions from individuals, board members, schools, community outreach events, corporations, foundations, and strategic partnerships. Every seed investment helps us grow great programs!